Single Mother Financial Help Information
> Financial Help for Single Mothers
> Home Energy Assistance Programs for Single Moms
> Financial Help for Divorced Women and Moms
> College Study Tips for Single Mothers - Video
> How to Find College Grants for Single Mothers - Video
> Government Housing Grants for Single Moms
> Nutrition & Health Government Grants for Single Mothers
> Daycare Financial Help for Working Single Moms
> Government Grants for Single Moms Buying Home for First Time
> Applying for Food Stamps for Single Moms
> Low Cost Grocery Shopping for Single Moms
> Search for Affordable Housing for Single Mothers
> Child Support Help for Single Mothers
> Financial Help for Disabled Mothers
> Scholarships for Kids with Deceased Parent

Index of Financial Grants

> Federal Pell Grant
> Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
> Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
> peaChic Grant
> Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
> CoAbode Single Mothers House Sharing
> Housing Choice Voucher Program & State Rental Assistance Program
> Transitional Housing Grant Program
> The Vision House
> Sunshine Lady Foundation
> Women's Independence Scholarship Program, Inc.
> SOROPTIMST, Best for Women Organization
> Women's Opportunity Awards
> American Association of University Women (AAUW)
> Domestic Violence Shelter Grant Program - Mary Kay Foundation
> Girls Going Places® Entrepreneurship Award Program
> WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Program
> Insure Kids Now! Program
> National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
> Child Care Aware
> Child Care and Development Fund Contacts
> Early Head Start - National Resource Center
> Federal Housing Association (FHA) Loans
> AmeriDream Inc. - Down Payment Assistance for Home Buyers
> Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
> Easter Seals Disability Services
> Privacy Policy & Contact Us

Financial Help for Divorced Women and Mothers

It is estimated that 45% of women who go through divorce face lower standards of living after. Many single moms who used to live with their husbands have to move out of their homes, find housing where they have to bear all costs while still taking care of their children. If you are in this boat, don't despair as most women feel intimated of facing all the bills due to the loss of their husband's income. Fortunately, help is available for divorced single mothers who have lost incomes, are facing financial difficulties or are worried about their children's welfare. In this article, we will go over financial aid programs for single moms including food stamps in your local state, child care assistance for your beloved children, Medicaid for your health insurance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and much more.

Food stamps provide monthly benefits to low income families and divorced single moms to purchase healthy nutritious food for their families and generally upgrade their welfare. Eligibility requirements include recipients must be citizens of the United States or qualified aliens and have low incomes. Divorced mothers who feel financially overburdened due to loss of income may apply for food stamp benefits to eliminate the worries about grocery bills. Conditions of this program include recipients must be looking for work or participate in a work training program. In the case of divorced mothers, you can apply for child care assistance (more on this below) while you work so your child gets quality care from a licensed care provider. Other eligibility requirements are you must not have more than $2,000 in assets or resources to qualify for food stamps. This is increased to $3,000 for families that have a member over 60 years or disabled. Benefits received under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program are not counted towards cash resources for food stamps. If you are worried about your welfare, be sure to apply for food stamps by visiting your nearest Social security office. To locate a Social security office nearest to you, enter your zip code here This will output the office's address, phone numbers, maps to help you locate the building and business hours.

Divorce for single moms typically means moving out of the home and relocating elsewhere i.e. with a lower income. Fortunately, the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has various rental assistance programs for low income mothers. They offer reduced rental apartments for low income families where you find an apartment that is enrolled with HUD and apply directly at the management's office. Use this online tool to search for apartments in your city using State, Zip code, City or County and the number of bedrooms you would like. As an example, I did a random search in the state of Colorado using 81641 zip code. Below is a sample of output I received. You will receive the address of the apartment, phone number and contact email of management's office. You should apply directly at their office. If you need advice with HUD's services, you can contact a housing counseling agency, their toll free number is provided on their website below.


Making Home Affordable is an initiative of the Obama Administration to help distressed homeowners who are finding it difficult to make their monthly mortgage payments due to unemployment, underemployment or other reasons. Divorced mothers or women who lose an income will qualify for such assistance if they are homeowners. We have dedicated an entire article on this program, you can read it here: Making Home Affordable - Financial Aid for Single Moms & Homeowners who are in Foreclosure.