Single Mother Financial Help Information
> Financial Help for Single Mothers
> Home Energy Assistance Programs for Single Moms
> Rental Assistance Programs for Single Moms or Low Income Families
> Temporary Financial Help for Single Mothers
> Making Home Affordable - Financial Aid for Single Moms & Homeowners who are in Foreclosure
> Financial Help for Divorced Women and Moms
> College Study Tips for Single Mothers - Video
> How to Find College Grants for Single Mothers - Video
> Educational Grants for Single Mothers
> Free Government Grants for Single Moms
> Government Housing Grants for Single Moms
> Financial Aid for Single Mothers
> Nutrition & Health Government Grants for Single Mothers
> Daycare Financial Help for Working Single Moms
> Government Grants for Single Moms Buying Home for First Time
> Applying for Food Stamps for Single Moms
> Low Cost Grocery Shopping for Single Moms
> Search for Affordable Housing for Single Mothers
> Child Support Help for Single Mothers
> College Money for Single Mothers
> Financial Help for Disabled Mothers
> Scholarships for Kids with Deceased Parent

Index of Financial Grants

> Federal Pell Grant
> Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
> Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
> Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG)
> The Sister Fund
> Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
> CoAbode Single Mothers House Sharing
> Housing Choice Voucher Program & State Rental Assistance Program
> Transitional Housing Grant Program
> Specially Adapted Housing Program
> The Vision House
> Sunshine Lady Foundation
> Women's Independence Scholarship Program, Inc.
> SOROPTIMST, Best for Women Organization
> American Association of University Women (AAUW)
> Domestic Violence Shelter Grant Program - Mary Kay Foundation
> Girls Going Places® Entrepreneurship Award Program
> WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Program
> Insure Kids Now! Program
> National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
> Child Care Aware
> Child Care and Development Fund Contacts
> Early Head Start - National Resource Center
> Federal Housing Association (FHA) Loans
> AmeriDream Inc. - Down Payment Assistance for Home Buyers
> Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
> Easter Seals Disability Services
> Privacy Policy & Contact Us

Government Housing for Single Mothers

Raising a child under a proper roof, hygiene & secure location is a basic requirement of any single mom. However, carrying out this responsibility is not particularly easy in this economy where jobs are dissappearing & the cost of basic commodities such as food, housing & clothing is increasing. In order to ease the burden of providing housing for their kids, the federal government has allocated federal housing grants for single moms. Apart from grants, the federal government also provides federal subsidized housing for single moms where a mom can live in a government owned house and pay rent only when they are employed and earning an income. The aim of this article is to detail some housing programs & financial help for single mothers.

Being a single parent, you must consider homes & choose one carefully that meets your lifestyle & living preferences. A single mom must look for safety, affordability & durability of the new home. Whichever area you choose to live in, whether a busy area close to downtown or in the suburb, you must make sure it is affordable and does not stretch your budget making life stressful. Also, the surrounding area must be safe & secure with good neighbours. If you decide to purchase a home, make sure to get it inspected by a property inspector to make sure it is durable & built to last.

The CoAbode "mom matching" program aims to connect single moms who are looking for affordable housing through the government & whose interests and parenting philosophies are compatible. Single moms can enroll in this program by filling out their profile information & their accomodation needs such as rent, neighborhood, and school zones. The CoAbode single mothers program welcomes everyone, from divorcees to widowed moms. To find more information on this program, visit the website below.

Membership is free and once you make a profile on this website, you will be asked to fill a questionnaire. Once complete, you will be able to find other single moms who meet similar criteria and be able to contact them through a private email inbox. If you would prefer to move to a new state, this service lets you search for housemates by entering a zip code & & city. As for finding a housemate, it can generally take between a few weeks to several months. The organization suggests being proactive, positive & persistent when searching for a housemate at all times; this greatly increases your chance of finding a compatible housemate faster.


Join the Program:

This organization provides emergency housing vouchers to low income families who would otherwise not be able to afford to live in a home. The housing choice voucher program is the government's major program for assisting very-low-income families to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market (Source:

The federal government has approved 250,000 new vouchers for 2010 and Federal Housing Voucher (FHV) has secured 25,000 additional vouchers for eligible families for Emergency Housing placement. Applications for these vouchers must be received by December 21st, 2010.

The transitional housing grant program focuses on people who have gone through domestic or dating violence, stalking or sexual harassment and aims to move them in to permanent housing. Grants under this program can be used for short term housing needs such as rent or utility payments, and assistance with related expenses such as payment of security deposits and other costs incidental to relocation to transitional housing. For more information, please use the contact info below:

Office on Violence Against Women (OVW)
800 K Street, N.W., Suite 920
Washington, D.C. 20530
Phone: 202-307-6026
Fax: 202-307-3911
TTY: 202-307-2277


The Specially Adapted Housing Grant Program was created by Department of Veteran Affairs and is available to veterans or service members who are entitled to compensation for permanent and total service-connected disability. Examples of eligible disabilities are severe burn injury, blindness in both eyes, loss of upper extremity, etc. Funds from this grant can be used to construct an adapted home or to modify an existing home so that the disabled veteran can adapt to it quickly. Loads more information is available on the website below.


Vision House is an incorporated non-profit agency that helps single homeless moms find transitional housing that is safe, secure & reliable. Founded in 1990, Vision House also provides housing for single men who are recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. Over 700 men, women & children have benefitted from this program. Vision House's target people are those who are homeless and their incomes fall below 30% of the median income levels in that State. Single moms who find housing with the Vision House are welcome to stay for up to 18 months to 2 years and up to 4 years if they are pursuing an educational degree.


Download Application Forms here: