Single Mother Financial Help Information
> Financial Help for Single Mothers
> Home Energy Assistance Programs for Single Moms
> Financial Help for Divorced Women and Moms
> College Study Tips for Single Mothers - Video
> How to Find College Grants for Single Mothers - Video
> Government Housing Grants for Single Moms
> Nutrition & Health Government Grants for Single Mothers
> Daycare Financial Help for Working Single Moms
> Government Grants for Single Moms Buying Home for First Time
> Applying for Food Stamps for Single Moms
> Low Cost Grocery Shopping for Single Moms
> Search for Affordable Housing for Single Mothers
> Child Support Help for Single Mothers
> Financial Help for Disabled Mothers
> Scholarships for Kids with Deceased Parent

Index of Financial Grants

> Federal Pell Grant
> Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
> Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
> peaChic Grant
> Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
> CoAbode Single Mothers House Sharing
> Housing Choice Voucher Program & State Rental Assistance Program
> Transitional Housing Grant Program
> The Vision House
> Sunshine Lady Foundation
> Women's Independence Scholarship Program, Inc.
> SOROPTIMST, Best for Women Organization
> Women's Opportunity Awards
> American Association of University Women (AAUW)
> Domestic Violence Shelter Grant Program - Mary Kay Foundation
> Girls Going Places® Entrepreneurship Award Program
> WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Program
> Insure Kids Now! Program
> National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
> Child Care Aware
> Child Care and Development Fund Contacts
> Early Head Start - National Resource Center
> Federal Housing Association (FHA) Loans
> AmeriDream Inc. - Down Payment Assistance for Home Buyers
> Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
> Easter Seals Disability Services
> Privacy Policy & Contact Us

Help for Single Mothers in Oklahoma - Government Grants, Housing Aid, College Grants & Scholarships

Single mothers have a very tough job of raising their children under one income. With unemployment rate in Oklahoma edging to 6.8%, a fairly high number of single moms are unemployment and facing difficulty in providing basic housing, food, transportation & medicine for their children & themselves. Fortunately, there are several financial aid programs for single mothers in Oklahoma. We will overview some of them and provide links to their websites for further reading.

Food stamps program in Oklahoma is administered by the Department of Social Services & Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). It provides nutritious food to low income single mothers & households who would otherwise not be able afford basic food for their families. Eligible families have their benefits loaded on a Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card that can be used like a credit card in most supermarkets & grocery stores across Oklahoma. SNAP benefits are awarded to more than 250,000 children & adults in Oklahoma each month. Eligibility requirements for SNAP benefits are:

- Must be a US citizen or legal alien
- Must meet resource limits which are the household cannot have more than $2,000 in assets such as cash, bank accounts, real estate, etc. This limit is raised to $3,000 for households with an aged member over 60 years or disabled person.
- Must pass gross & net income test requirements. For e.g. a household with 2 members cannot have income that exceeds 130% of federal poverty level, or $1,579.

For complete eligibility requirements for SNAP benefits, visit this link


Toll free: 1-866-411-1877

Medicaid Oklahoma is a state & federal health coverage program that pays for medical expenses that most people would otherwise not be able to afford. Examples of medical services that Medicaid pays for are lab & x-ray services, inpatient hospital services, dental & denture services, transplants, prescription drugs, immunizations, etc. Applications for Medicaid can be done via telephone (see below) or by setting an appointment with Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) county office. To be eligible for Oklahoma Medicaid, a person must be:

- Resident of Oklahoma
- Citizen of USA or qualified alien
- Pass income & financial requirements test


Toll free: 1-800-522-0114

The Oklahoma Higher Education board was formed in 1941 and currently enrolls 247,000 students across 25 colleges & universities. There are lots of financial aid available including grants, scholarships, work study programs, loans & benefits for specific groups of people. You can read about all these options via this

Applicable grant programs include the Oklahoma Tuition Aid grant (OTAG) & Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant (OTEG). Grants are awarded on a need basis & your expected family contributions (EFCs) are taken in to account when considering your need. For example, if you need $10,000 for your first year college and your family chips in with $3,000, then your financial need is $7,000. Recipients must be residents of the state of Oklahoma and graduated from a public or private high school. Also, applicants must have been admitted to a 4 year college or university program proven by an acceptance letter given by the institution.

There are also student loans given by the Oklahoma higher education board. Options include the Federal Perkins loan & Federal Stafford loan. Depending on the type of loan, you can borrow up to $4,000 per year for your undergraduate studies up to a total of $20,000. This is increased to $40,000 for graduate students, or up to $6,000 a year. Visit the website below for lots more information.